Responsible for the development and specification of all manufacturing methods and equipment used in operations by performing personally or through subordinates.
· Specifies routings, manufacturing rates, and methods to be used in the manufacture of all products. This includes set up procedures for each operation, tooling designs and configurations, and worker movements.
· Specifies materials to be used consistent with the product design criteria established by product engineering. Develops material specification sheets for each raw material, processing materials, hand tooling, and perishable tooling.
· Develops new methods and procedures for present and future products. Selects new equipment and processes to increase production throughput and effectiveness. Works with material vendors and equipment suppliers to ensure we employ leading technologies.
· Monitors machines and operations to ensure operational performance is maintained at or above industry standards.
· Develops process improvement goals to improve productivity
· Assists manufacturing in the troubleshooting of process related problems experienced in the manufacture of product. Monitor machine process capabilities to ensure it remains within the customer specifications.
· Develops or revises standard operational and working methods and evaluates usage by plant personnel.
· Consults with engineers and other personnel regarding product information such as design, capacity and purpose, and types of material to be used to fabricate product.
· Works with production schedules and ensures tools are ready when required.
· Administers company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
· Interprets specifications, blueprints, job orders and assigns duties.
· Analyzes and resolves tooling issues to minimize downtime and ensure quality of products.
· Effectively supervises hourly tool makers to ensure company goals and policies are met.
· Participates in new product development and launches.
· Supervises and maintains Crib stores through Crib Attendant.
· Maintains PM program, on Machines, Presses and other equipment.
· Maintains TS16949 compliance
· Delegate continuous improvement processes and policies
Noise level is typical manufacturing areas and frequently works near machinery with moving parts.
Standing and walking up to 40% of work time. May regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Education and Experience Required
BS in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or a closely related engineering field. Minimum of 10 years experience in Stamping or Metal forming. Solid Works Proficient. Design Experience of Stamping Dies and Tooling.
Leadership, Decision Making, Responsibility, Communication, Attention to Detail, Delegation. Efficient in Microsoft suite. Calculate Die shoe tonnage requirements. Calculate Press tonnage curves. Balance forces in Die Shoes.